Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produced audio changes volume
Manfreddy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2019 17:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I use .wav files as my audio track, and they sound fine in Audacity and in PD17 while editing. Then, when I produce an mp4 video, the rendered audio volume randomly goes up and down a few db by itself. Any ideas about what is going on?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use .wav files as my audio track, and they sound fine in Audacity and in PD17 while editing. Then, when I produce an mp4 video, the rendered audio volume randomly goes up and down a few db by itself. Any ideas about what is going on?

A few more details would probably be helpful.

I assume just stereo, if so, make sure timeline pref is set to just stereo. I assume maybe H.264 MP4, most default profiles use AAC audio but the bitrate can vary based on profile. You might try modifying whatever profile you are using to LPCM audio and see if that has any better results for you. A Dolby stereo profile probably the worst as the compression often has an effect.

Jeff