Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding microphone
bretbartlett59 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2020 23:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've been trying to use a Rode microphone plugged into the jack in my laptop, but for some reason PowerDirector doesn't recognize it. When I go into the Voiceover room, and click on Device, all I see is:

Audio Device
Microphone Array

I click on Mixer and I see "Microphone Array Conexant Smart Audio HD (I think that's my computer default audio).

There's no place where I can add a microphone and it doesn't recognize my plugged-in mike.

I've scoured the help pages and can't figure this out.

PowerDirector 15 Ultimate
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Windows Sound panel (Start, Settings, Sound) and see what devices are listed as inputs, then select your Rode mic there:

At least you'll know how your mic's description looks to Windows, and maybe selecting it as the default will help. Make sure PD is closed when you make this change.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°