Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 14 not accepting video files
Marcthesoundman74 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Oct 10, 2016 06:12 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I'm still using PD14

Recently its saying every clip I want to edit is broken. Even though I have been working from these sources previously.

I have attached the error message.

I've converted files from VOB to AVI and MP4 and still no joy. Can anyone help?

Thanks
[Thumb - Screenshot (667).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (667).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The first thing I'd try would be to delete all the temporary files that PD has created.

Use File | New Project, then go to Preferences | General | Manually Delete and choose Select All, then Delete Selected Files and click on Close, then click OK.

Open up your project again and see if you can import the clip successfully.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried what is shown in the error message. Had no problem importing the .vob file from one of my homemade DVD. Tried to import one originally from a commercial disc and see the same error message as the attached. The drm did not get completely removed. Since my XP computer died a few years ago, never got back to installing that type of software as I have moved on to viewing online.