Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Video Image file support
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a lst of supported file types?
So far all I can import is Mp4 video, and audio is MP3, perhaps M4a too.
Maybe it is a limitation of my tablet, but it's getting to be a nuisance, I can't even use a WAV without converting in some other software.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 28. 2020 11:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't seen a list of supported file types, and maybe the PDM can acquire and share a spec document.

I did a quick test by uploading 1 each: .avi, .mts, .m2ts, .m4a and .wav file to a folder on Google Drive.

When I try to import those 5 files, only 3 are visible and only one has a thumbnail, which is the .avi with MJPEG format. However, when I download that clip and try to add it to the timeline, I get a "media file format not supported" message. Also, the thumbnail changes to a blank film strip background with a large "?" on it.

When I click on the .mts clip, the thumbnail only shows a movie icon but I get a valid thumbnail once it's downloaded and I can add it to the timeline. Same with the .m2ts clip. Neither the .wav or .m4a clips are even shown and can't be downloaded.

In a nutshell. I only see .mts and .m2ts clips as supported beyond your .mp4 and .mp3 formats. No .avi, .m4a or .wav clips can be used, at least not in the formats I tested.

My phone is a Galaxy 8 and can handle 4K HEVC clips, so I imagine these limitations are stemming from the app rather than from weak hardware.

EDIT: I also tried an .avi clip in MPEG-4 Visual format, but it behaves exactly the same as the MJPEG clip

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 27. 2020 21:06

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My testing shows no MPG, no MOV no WMV. It will take an MP4, but balked at my MTS then accepted it on the second try.
Yes on the M4a audio.
Curiously, it will take a PNG and use the transparency, and will take a motion GIF and take it in the other timelines and actually play it!
Does not seem to like M2T.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2020 22:00

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Barry,

From what I've learned there is no set list for PowerDirector Mobile because the supported media files is device dependent, i.e. not all Android devices support the same media files, and iOS device support is different from Android.

So best bet is to check the supported file types for the device you are using from the manufacturer website. Hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do