Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with create DVD to play on standalone player
Albie23514464 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Exeter Joined: Dec 17, 2017 05:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Problem with create disc using
PowerDirector HE3D 114.0.321.10
Serial No ME5160772-01

I’m trying to create DVDs to play on standalone DVD players, no problem creating them to run on PCs but I cannot get highlighting of selections to show on standalone players, I’ve had no success using text only and very limited success using thumbnails and text. I have been using a method from Cyberlink University whereby one sets up the creation and adds the videos afterwards with the intention of returning to the menu after each section. I have had more success using Roxio MyDvd but am not happy with the appearance.
Surely there must be a method by which selected text changes colour to highlight the selection Albie
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page#post_box_289537 and take some screenshots to show this highlighting problem.

Load your project. Go to the Create Disc tab. Click the Preview button. Place the mouse cursor over the particular button you want us to see highlighted like the Play or the scenes button. Take a screenshot.

Go to the Scenes button and click it. Place the mouse cursor over the text or thumbnail say on chapter 2 that you want us to see highlighted and take a screenshot.

Attach the screenshots on your next reply so we can see what the problem is that you want us to see. Suggestions can then be given if we see a problem with the highlighting. You can also let us know if you have difficulty with certain colors and a change in highlight color is desired.
Albie23514464 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Exeter Joined: Dec 17, 2017 05:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
As stated all is well on a PC but when using a standalone DVD player the highlighting does not show up especially when using text only Albie
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe it is a menu alignment problem with certain DVD player and TV combination. You can start that DVD. Put it on the screen that you want us to see. Take a picture of your TV with that particular menu shown on the screen that has the problem and post it as an attachment on your next reply.

Need to see the TV, TV screen, and the particular menu showing on the screenshot. This is needed to determine the TV type, and player type that you are using that has the problem. Suggestions can then be given to fix the problem if you want.