Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I make a section of a clip transparent?
[Post New]
I'm trying to edit a video so that one of the clips has a part that's transparent, revealing another clip behind it. The shape is not a simple shape like a square or a circle, so I'd need to use something similar to GIMP's free select tool but for videos. I've looked around PD17's more fancy options, but I don't see anything like this. I should mention that the clip I'm trying to do this to has many moving parts, so I can't use a still image it and do it that way. I found an old post for a pre-PD15 version and I saw that there was an eyedropper tool or something, but I couldn't find that either. How would I go about doing this?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I found an old post for a pre-PD15 version and I saw that there was an eyedropper tool or something, but I couldn't find that either. How would I go about doing this?

That is chroma key.

This tutorial for PD15 Ultimate might be better for your needs: https://youtu.be/5cJRt8uffUE .
[Post New]
I took a look at that tutorial, however it shows that you need to click on a "ColorDirector" button, but PD17 doesn't have this button. That tutorial doesn't help me.

Edit: I looked it up and apparently ColorDirector is another piece of software that for some reason doesn't come with PD17 Ultra, which is the package I bought. It comes with PD15 Ultra. I'd have to shell out an additional 120+ dollars. Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 12:31