Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD365 and Sonicfire Pro
DougL1986 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2016 00:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I see that PD365 provides access to background music files. I had previously used and was very happy with Sonicfire Pro as I had purchased quite a bit of music and could adjust the time on the fly within PD15 . Can we integrate Sonicfire with PD 365 or does 365 at least offer the same ability with their music files?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Doug, welcome to the volunteer forum.
Smartsound and Cyberlink parted ways some time ago, Sonicfire Pro will not be integrated, to my best guess.
However, do you have Magic Music Quicktracks from a previous NLE installation, particularly PD?
Magic Music stills works in current versions of PD, even though it's not included.
To get the plug-in, go to Magic Music, download and install, and you can connect your SS files, including multi-layer, although sadly they never got as far as actually SUPPORTING the multi-layer functionality.
Done.
I'll only mention my PC can get very sluggish when using Magic Music in a PD timeline. Your mileage may very well vary. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
DougL1986 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2016 00:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Much appreciated. I got to nosing around the various side icons and dropdowns and found that if I clicked on Plugins at the very top menu, then Media, up pops SmartSound Quicktracks so perhaps an upgrade is smart enough to install them for you. It imported everything I had previously purchased so that was a relief.

Yes, I had experienced a slight sluggishness when editing with Smartsound tracks already in there which is why I now wait to add music as my very last step in the process. Thanks for your help.