Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest update causing BSOD's during editing
[Post New]
Long story short, the newest update is causing my computer to constantly BSOD during editing. Previous updates did NOT do this. Screen transition effects might be causing this, but I could be wrong.

Latest drivers, latest Windows updates, no malware/rootkits/trojans/infections found on my system. It has an SSD, so need to defragment.

Specs:

Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i7-6700K
NVIDIA GTX 1080
16 GB RAM

Everything else on my computer works perfectly 100% of the time, and so did PD17 until the most recent update. The prodcut is unusable until this problem is completely fixed. Please please please please please please PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one with this issue!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
So you're saying that you only now upgraded PD17 to v3005, which came out last July? In that case, I don't remember a significant number of reported issues like this, which strongly suggests that something's going on with your specific computer.

The DxDiag results will give us literally 1000x more info than stating that you've installed the latest drivers, and will also have a record of the last 10 app and Windows crashes. You may also want to run the two commands shown in bold in this post to see if your Win10 installation might be damaged, which is one of the most common causes of PD crashes.