Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Blue Essentials Effects locked with PD 365 update v. 18.3.2717.0 (64 bit)
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
With the latest update to PD 365 (v. 18.3.2717.0 - 64 bit) the New Blue Essentials Effects are locked. The message says your trial period is up. There is an option to purchase for $49.99 for each group!!! These effects were included free in previous versions. Now they have been overlayed with effects we must purchase from NewBlue in order to use them and no way to go back to what we had previously.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for posting this.

I just checked, and I see the same issue with 6 of the 9 NBFX packs that are installed on my desktop version: Essentials2-6 plus Motion Effects. Interestingly Essentials1 and 7 aren't affected for me, and neither is Paint FX, which I bought separately along with the Motion FX pack years ago.

I'm wondering if you've installed PD365 on another machine, and/or recently restored a system image on your current machine. In each of those cases, NewBlue may count that as another activation, and you're only allowed 3. I had just updated PD365 on my Surface Pro 3, and that may have put me over the top.

Since I have an account at NewBlueFX from the prior purchases, I logged in there and manually deactivated each pack, which freed them up again for use on my desktop.

I'll also have to license them on my Surface Pro 3, but the licensing process is to simply drag the desired FX to the timeline. When you click Modify, you'll no longer see the Activation button or window.

It's been so long that I can't remember if you can create a NBFX account and access the Cyberlink-provided licenses, but one way to get help from them would be to open a ticket from this page. Be sure to provide them with at least one of the license numbers that's failing to be activated. They generally will respond within 12 hours.

If they can't help, then you'll have to contact CL tech support. Be sure to paste the link to this forum thread in your request.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for posting this.

I just checked, and I see the same issue with 6 of the 9 NBFX packs that are installed on my desktop version: Essentials2-6 plus Motion Effects. Interestingly Essentials1 and 7 aren't affected for me, and neither is Paint FX, which I bought separately along with the Motion FX pack years ago.

I'm wondering if you've installed PD365 on another machine, and/or recently restored a system image on your current machine. In each of those cases, NewBlue may count that as another activation, and you're only allowed 3. I had just updated PD365 on my Surface Pro 3, and that may have put me over the top.

Since I have an account at NewBlueFX from the prior purchases, I logged in there and manually deactivated each pack, which freed them up again for use on my desktop.

I'll also have to license them on my Surface Pro 3, but the licensing process is to simply drag the desired FX to the timeline. When you click Modify, you'll no longer see the Activation button or window.

It's been so long that I can't remember if you can create a NBFX account and access the Cyberlink-provided licenses, but one way to get help from them would be to open a ticket from this page. Be sure to provide them with at least one of the license numbers that's failing to be activated. They generally will respond within 12 hours.

If they can't help, then you'll have to contact CL tech support. Be sure to paste the link to this forum thread in your request.

Thank you for your response. I do not have any other installations of PD365 and NBFX has been working fine until a few days after I installed the latest update to PD365. I have opened a tech support request with CL. Awaiting response.
Chrisland [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2018 05:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you for your response. I do not have any other installations of PD365 and NBFX has been working fine until a few days after I installed the latest update to PD365. I have opened a tech support request with CL. Awaiting response.

I have the same problem, with latest update of powerdirector 365 New Blue FX paint is overcrossed and requires activiation. I bought the effect from New Blue store yesterday but it isn't even showing up. I tried to uninstall PD 365 to no avail. Still stays the same. I have no old instsallations of PD365 on my PC by the way except as for old premium contents packs.

Managed to solve a similar problem with New Blue effects 6 by copying files from to a folder . Couple of weeks ago and I don't wrote it down so i don't remember from where to where I'm sorry to say.

The installer from New Blue should just work without me trying to find an workaround, this is not acceptable.

Edit: Found this: "Why are NewBlue and ProDAD plugins no longer included with PowerDirector 20/365?Applied to: PowerDirector 365 for Windows (Subscription) , PowerDirector 20
Due to the expiration of the contract with NewBlue, unfortunately we have decided to remove NewBlue plugins in new versions of PowerDirector (PowerDirector 20/365).

For more questions about the NewBlue and ProDAD plugins, please contact CyberLink customer service for further assistance:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html"

So i have unistalled New Blue Fx that came with content packs except the ones i bought.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2021 06:32

LC Photo&Video [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2015 13:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I have been LONG, LONG time customer I also lost all my New Blue that supposedly were suppose to be working, I also had bought both Paint and another New Blue on a special deal. These were direct purchases at New Blue and they managed to take everything away from me. I find the way their customer service refused anything and I even sent the receipt a disgrace and the fact that Cyberlink and New Blue went back and forth with me only to resolve NOTHING and I relied on these filters for my video clients to be an absolutely awful way to treat loyal customers. Then Cyberlink even took away all kinds of things like Magix Wisord which in a jam to do a quick video it was a go to for me, they also deleted all the packages I used to use a lot as a base to construct from, the updates have wiped out loads of saved items I use on a regular basis which impacts my business and it's NOT APPRECIATED as I was about to change after I was left for months with a software not working and they've done this to me multiple times usually when I have a deadline to make and I'd like to ask both New Blue and Cyberlink why you are doing this to your long time customers who rely on your services to be true and to work. You obviously can make and break our businesses now and I'd like someone like the FTC to really understand that software companies have way to much power today and they also can hugely affect your business in a way someone needs to start telling you, you don't wipe out our computers any time you feel like it, nor should you be allowed to steal all the items we bought from you for years just because you can. Bad business is bad business and if I show you a receipt you should be honoring your customers purchases! That I also know from emails from New Blue they won't care if you can't use what you bought from them and I was told they don't have New Blue Compatible for Cyberlink anymore....shame, shame, shameful! Maybe New Blue should be offering refunds for customer purchases they have no loyalty to. Instead they removed my purchased items so I paid for air now.