Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just bought the program and it's crashing and restarting my computer
BGK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2020 21:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought PowerDirector18 today and it crashes whenever I add transitions between clips. It forces my brand new computer into a blue screen and it automatically restarts. The more I read about this program, the more I regret buying it. Crashing is apparently a common problem and has been with every release of this program.

A) is there a fix for this?
B) If not, can I get my money back?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user forum, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having serious problems. There have been cases of a new release that caused serious crashes on specific types of hardware, but I assure you that your experience is not typical, especially when no other people are reporting similar issues here.

In all honesty, serious crashes like this are almost always caused by incompatible video drivers or damaged Windows system files, and oftentimes people will report that everything else runs perfectly so it "must" be PD. That's true, in that almost nothing else other than gaming will push your hardware as hard as video editing, and so the existing problems don't show up until you install PD.

I mention this because I want to give you a realistic picture of what's probably going on, and to ask you to follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting thread to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here. There is no personally identifiable info in the report, and it will provide crucial details about your system.

Chances are pretty good that something will jump out in the report and we can give you the steps needed to quickly solve the problem.

If you want to contact Cyberlink tech support in addition to getting help here, you can do so from this page. They will need the DxDiag report as well, so it's better to have it ready. Cyberlink also has a 30-day money back guarantee if you bought the program from them directly.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°