Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 and Digital Juice .MOV files not loading into library
wmljohn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2020 13:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just spent all this money for digital Juice. I downloaded some alpha videos to use. They are .MOV files but they will not load into the library. Is this a known issue and if so how do I fix it? Digital Juice said it was a PD issue not their file issue.

"An error occurred while opening this medial file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reasons. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2020 18:27

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely need QT/QT Lite for PD to work with those MOV files, do you have it installed?

Jeff
wmljohn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2020 13:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,

I do not have QT installed. Other .MOV files work just fine in PD. I will download and install QT to see if this helps any. Does PD use external player programs to play clips in the editor?