Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 2: Screen Recorder does not support Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
dbplus2df [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2018 15:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Due to the Coronavirus all employees now have to work from home.
When I remote into my laptop at work and try to use Screen Reorder I recieve the following error:

Screen Recorder
! Screen Recorder does not support Remote Desktop Services (RDS)

When I enter other Cyberlink programs such as PowerDirector I get a message stating that not all functions will work in RDS mode.

A Work Around that we are not allowed to use:
I could install Cyberlink software on my home computer, record the screens shown on my working laptop while RDS, copy the resulting files from my home computer to Google drive, and then while RDS in to my company computer copy the file back down. However, we are not allowed to copy external files down into our secure networking environment.

Does anyone have a solution for being able to remotely access and use the Cyberlink editiing tools, specifically Screen Recorder?

Thanks,

David
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think the RDS issue is going to be hard to get past since it's a core part of Windows.

I've actually never used it and instead used TeamViewer or Parallels, but I imagine your office won't let you use any other remote access apps. You could try the trial version of ScreenRecorder 4 (which is meant for streaming) and see if that lets you record your RDS sessions.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°