Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 File Saving Issues
ArPharazon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2009 11:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD14 on Win7x64. I've had this issue intermittently, and today it seems to only have a problem when trying to save a 6 second clip as either .mpg or .mp4. It saved as .avi just fine.

Basically it just doesn't do anything. Time Elapsed at the bottom counts up, but the Producing Movie indicator doesn't move. I can leavt it alone for 5 or 10 minutes and it does nothing.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled a few times, but it never seems to cure this problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.

try installing ffdshow codecs and or k-lite codec pack . see if this helps. you might also need to install Div-x and Quicktime for windows . do not install 'web support for Quicktime'. OR Quicktime alternative .

if the quicktime installs the 'web support' then uninstall it. just 'web support'.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
ArPharazon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2009 11:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum.

try installing ffdshow codecs and or k-lite codec pack . see if this helps. you might also need to install Div-x and Quicktime for windows . do not install 'web support for Quicktime'. OR Quicktime alternative .

if the quicktime installs the 'web support' then uninstall it. just 'web support'.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I never installed any extras in the past. QT installs as part of the PD installation, as well as CL wave editor and I think proDAD Adorage.

I know I've save some .mpg format clips recently, since I've posted those to youtube as .mpg without converting then with anything.

I already have to convert anything I save from PD I want ot convert to .gif, since PhotoShop has gotten particular about what format it allows from importing to frames. It used to accpet mpeg-2 and .avi, but now only seems to like mpeg-1.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you're not able to produce to .mpg or .MP4, then there's something wrong with how your system is configured. PepsiMan's suggestion was to try and correct the problem by installing those two apps because they've helped other users in the past.

The best way for us to help would be to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting thread and attach the DxDiag results so we can see exactly what hardware, drivers and codecs are installed.

It's also possible that there's a problem with your very short clip, and you might want to attach that as well. If the files size is larger than 5MB, you'll need to upload it to a cloud folder and paste the link to it so other people can download and test it.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°