Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 is there a solution to this rotation issue
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD16 to try and sort a problem out for a friend who has videoed himself playing the keyboard

As you can see the one image shows the original video set up - equipment restrictions stopped him changing from this

The second image shows the rotated version.

He wants the square on view of the keyboard but without losing anyh of the keys in the image - is there anyway of losing the black bars showing at the side of the view

Or is there another solution to this

thanks
Andrew

" alt="non rotated" id="__mcenew" /><a href=" id="__mcenew" />
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... the square on view of the keyboard but without losing anyh of the keys in the image...

NO.
science executive officer from the Star Trek would say 'it's illogical'

you can test it yourself. take a landscape picture and portrait picture. combine them. you'll see that only middle square overlaps. so wanting '...without losing anyh of the keys in the image' is IMPOSSIBLE.

next time take both ways.

no happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2020 20:01

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Here's visual proof of what PepsiMan is saying:

You have to choose between having no black edges or no missing keys. Personally, I'd leave the video exactly as shot since that's going to be the most useful for the viewers.

If your friend wants to improve this for the next video, have him set up another phone or camera directly above the keyboard looking straight down. That way he can have a picture-in-picture view of whichever camera is most relevent - him demonstrating/talking/playing or the view of only his hands and fingers on the keys.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Using PD16 to try and sort a problem out for a friend who has videoed himself playing the keyboard

As you can see the one image shows the original video set up - equipment restrictions stopped him changing from this

The second image shows the rotated version.

He wants the square on view of the keyboard but without losing anyh of the keys in the image - is there anyway of losing the black bars showing at the side of the view

Or is there another solution to this

thanks
Andrew

Yes there is. PD16 has some unique tools to fix this. See the screenshots of the PiP Designer and the Preview screen. You can fit that Parallelogram into a Rectangular screen with all keys shown.The Blue nodes at the corner allow freehand distortion to fix it All keys are shown and no black bars are seen.

At first I agree with the PepsiMan's science officer and then with Optodata’s screenshot and still do, but I remember answering a similar post a few months ago and gave the solution.

You can't fit a square peg into a retangular hole unless you distort it!!foot-in-mouthlaughingsealed
[Thumb - nonrotatekeys -PiP.jpg]
 Filename
nonrotatekeys -PiP.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Use the PiP Designer tools marked in red.
 Filesize
233 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - nonrotatekeys -Preview.jpg]
 Filename
nonrotatekeys -Preview.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Result shown on PD preview screen.
 Filesize
315 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19. 2020 02:14

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
bravo, tomasc.
you got a classic one eye brow raise from Spock! ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, I wholeheartedly agree! I've used the key frames to square up overhead video, but I wouldn't have guessed that you'd be able to stretch out this example so beautifully. Great job! cool

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°