Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best Rendering Settings For DVD Architect
bcf1ca [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2015 18:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all;
Having used PD 365 for almost a year, I have come to love the program/suite. It does everything I need it to do with one big exception-the templates in the Create Disc option are poor, often producing severly cropped menu thumbnails and buttons that don't match the aspect ratio of my projects. I have tried creating menus with Menu Designer but they exhibit thumbnail cropping too. So, I bit the bullet and got DVD Architect and used it to author my last project. If Cyberlink could emulate the capabilities in this product, I'd be a happy camper. It is very flexible and capable of producing what I need. However, it wants to re-encode the video file that I produce in PD when it comes time to produce a disc; has anyone figured out what settings to use for production of a video file that DVD-A doesn't need to reprocess? If so, I'd be grateful if you would share the settings for both Blu-Ray and DVD formats.
Many thanks,
Barry
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The process is essentially the same from either Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2020 08:03

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote HIt is very flexible and capable of producing what I need. However, it wants to re-encode the video file that I produce in PD when it comes time to produce a disc; has anyone figured out what settings to use for production of a video file that DVD-A doesn't need to reprocess? If so, I'd be grateful if you would share the settings for both Blu-Ray and DVD formats.
Many thanks,
Barry

StevenG already answered about DVD Architect quite well. I may want it too.

Any of the AVC m2ts formats like 1080/60i, 24p, 720p60 produced should be compatible with making a Blu-ray without reencoding the video portion if the BD capacity is not exceeded.

Any of the Mpeg-2 with profile names starting with DVD should be compatible with making a DVD without reencoding the video portion if the Optical Disc capacity is not exceeded

The above is for PD. It may be different for DVD Architect. You have to experiment and find out.

Full uncropped menu thumbnails are available in the DZ. I created the chapter/titles thumbnails in all different shapes including rectangles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2020 07:07

bcf1ca [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2015 18:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

StevenG already answered about DVD Architect quite well. I may want it too.

Any of the AVC m2ts formats like 1080/60i, 24p, 720p60 produced should be compatible with making a Blu-ray without reencoding the video portion if the BD capacity is not exceeded.

Any of the Mpeg-2 with profile names starting with DVD should be compatible with making a DVD without reencoding the video portion if the BD capacity is not exceeded

The above is for PD. It may be different for DVD Architect. You have to experiment and find out.

Full uncropped menu thumbnails are available in the DZ. I created the chapter/titles thumbnails in all different shapes including rectangles.

Thanks to you both. Steve, I had looked at your excellent tutorial before posting and didn't understand that I could use PD's default DVD output settings to produce the file. I thought I would have to mess around with the output profile and didn't see how to match PD's settings to the Vegas settings shown in your tutorial. I just did a small test using PD's default settings (DVD HQ 720X480/60i) and DVD-A shows it doesn't need to be recompressed. Yeah! Thanks very much.

Tomasc, I looked at the various options in DZ and couldn't easily find any that didn't crop my chapter point thumbnails. I looked at your Cinema1 template, while it didn't crop my thumbnails, I need many more buttons than your template (about 9 per page vs your 3 in the template). When I used the Modify option on the template, I could add more buttons but your template buttons were not editable on my system. I would love to know how your created the buttons to get full frame thumbnails so that I could create my own templates with appropriate number of buttons. Can you share this technique? If I create a new template in 16X9 format, the thumbnail images are always cropped...

I appreciate your interest. Thanks again.