Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I create title steps like end of sample video from TV Boradcast Title Pack
tpchristian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2020 18:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Toward the end of the demo video for this pack, the sample shows it displaying steps 1 through 5. They appear in sequence and the fade-out in short order.

https://youtu.be/hyfHyNitiYA?t=50

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/tv-broadcast-title_en_US.html

I have tried for over an hour to reproduce this with no luck. I hope I am just doing something wrong. I started by creating 5 tracks for the 5 steps. Then I add the titles for step 1, step2, etc. to each be on their own track. Their start would be offset from each other, but they end all at the same time.

For each one, I had to go into the title designer to move it to be placed below the previous step title.

This almost worked. However, when the earlier titles stretch for such a long time, the animation goes crazy and they all start fading in and out like Christmas lights. This is extremely frustrating. I hope I am just doing this wrong and there is a much easier way. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish the effect shown in the above youtube clip?

Thanks,
Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2020 23:07

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom -

You've been on exactly the right track! At least, that's the only way I could think of to achieve it.

You're right - there's an issue with the particle animation when you start trying to manipulate timing. Best to just stagger the starting points and leave the duration the same for each title. That's what's been done in that demo video. The titles' start & finish times are staggered.

Here's the packed project (zipped) I built trying to replicate it. Each title is staggered by 20 frames on a 30fps timeline.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tpchristian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony. I would try that except for the fact that I need titles to sync to my talking head video. So the only option would have been to try to reshoot the video to try to time it to the title. I don't have time to do that. I don't' think I would have been very successful trying to do that anyway. I am just changing this to show one step at a time for now, but it doesn't look as nice.

Do you think this would be considered a bug that I should report?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's not a bug, and there's certainly no need to reshoot anything just to make these timeline items work! It takes more work than it should, but you can adjust the length of the PiP object to match the desired duration of the clip.

I'm working through all the steps right now and will post with the results and clear step-by-step instructions once I've double-checked everything...

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom -

It may be a PIA but I wouldn't call it a "bug".

Those "particles" that provide the animated lower thirds are actual animations, composed of separate individual frame graphics. If you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\TV Broadcast Title Pack\Titles\PDR18_TV Titles 11_16_9 & look in the folder you'll see the 240 separate .png files.

When you try to change the overall duration, it messes up the animation.

One thing you could try is:
Set the titles with stagggered start and end points
At the point you'd like them to finish, overlay the next section of the talking head video (so it covers the titles before the animation is complete)

... shown in this screen capture...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, that's by far the easiest way to deal with this, and it will work beautifully as long as none of the titles have to remain onscreen for longer than 10 seconds.

I've been digging around in the Particle Designer and it's been thoroughly frustrating. The bottom line is that the maximum duration of any animation is 10 seconds.

While that certainly makes sense when you consider that it requires a separate image for each frame, it also means you're going to be forced into either repeating animation for longer durations (as is the case here), or you'll have to create custom beginning, middle and end segments to carry this out.

In OP's case, that means 15 new titles with custom particles and manually tweaked text fade settings, and each of these steps takes quite a bit of effort. It's a real PIA/PITA indeed!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tpchristian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both for your assistance with this. To me, personally, the juice is not worth the squeeze. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid. If I wanted to create some custom animated titles, I might try to play with some of this stuff.

My guess is that a few of the examples that they show toward the end of their sales video are a little misleading. They may have worked for the random video they put together, but people most likely cannot practically use these. I got this pack as part of 365 or I would be more upset.

I have been able to use some of the other titles where the timing doesn't matter much.

One thing that might help me in the future. When I wanted to move these titles, I had to move the graphics and the titles separately and then try to line them all up again. Is that right or is there an easy way to move everything at once so it stays as a group?