Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exported files added to media library
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
When I produce a video, the exported file gets added to the library of the current project. I'd like to disable this if possible.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I produce a video, the exported file gets added to the library of the current project. I'd like to disable this if possible.

Not possible, been suggested for years but still not a option. Right click, "Remove from Library" probably the best option if you want the file, just not in the media library.

You know where the suggestion feature is.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Another approach that is to save the project before producing, and then close PD when the producing is finished. Doing that doesn't trigger any nag screens about saving before exiting, and the produced video never ends up in the library at all.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys. I will request this feature. I know they want to make PD user friendly as possible but they could add an option in the preferences to opt out.

The reason I do not like it is because I usually make a few rough drafts while editing. It adds them all to the library and then places a lock on the files so if I try to delete them from File Explorer, I can't. Also, sometimes I delete the files while PD is closed and then when I open the project, I am nagged because files in the library are missing. For now, I just need to remember to clean the library after I produce.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In PD17 and still there in PD18 they added an "Open file location" button after Produce which opens an explorer window. You can view and delete from there, when you go back to the Edit page you will just get one senseless message to acknowledge about not being able to open file in the media library, well it was never in the library. Kind of a strange implementation of "Open file location" button in my opinion.

Jeff