Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Make Freeze Frame PwrDir 18
GaryR28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2016 08:46 Messages: 12 Online
[Post New]
After selecting "freeze frame' from dropdown menu image appears in proper location on timeline, but...Image is faded cybia color and has the words "My Title" written across the image and that title appears below in the tile timeline. Never had this problem with prior versions of PwrDir.
Thank you
GR
[Thumb - FREEZE FRAME Sample clip.jpg]
 Filename
FREEZE FRAME Sample clip.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2020 19:19

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like you are taking a "Freeze Frame" in a section of video that has a title and some other effects applied at the same time slice. One method around the issue is to unselect all the other tracks that have content with the little check on the left side by each track prior to “Freeze Frame”. Another method would be to create a "Snapshot" from the proper time location from the same clip in the media library. This can be a higher resolution clip and then can be inserted into the timeline as needed.

Jeff
GaryR28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It looks like you are taking a "Freeze Frame" in a section of video that has a title and some other effects applied at the same time slice. One method around the issue is to unselect all the other tracks that have content with the little check on the left side by each track prior to “Freeze Frame”. Another method would be to create a "Snapshot" from the proper time location from the same clip in the media library. This can be a higher resolution clip and then can be inserted into the timeline as needed.

Jeff

Thank you for your response, but alas... no improvement to the problem. I followed your suggestions to no avail. Also tried starting a new project in v18, imported a 'good' video clip with NO special effects or any other enhancements on it and received the SAME bad Freeze Frame results.
Worse than that... in way of investigation... since PwrDir 12 and 16 had not been removed from my computer, I opened each of them and found that the problems NOW exists there also. Never did before. Wondering if having multiple versions on same computer might in some way have caused this problem. ????? Seems unlikely, since there was no problem with v16 while v12 was still on the computer at same time.

As far as making a snapshot and inserting into the timeline... yes, that works fine, but much more time consuming and cumbersome.
frown
Gary R
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary -

Whoa! That's a weird one.

It's definitely not a product of having multiple versions installed, or I'd have it here. It's also not a universal issue with PDR. There's something gone amuck with your set-up (evidenced by the fact that it was OK before, then it suddenly started spitting out surprises)... but I don't have a clue what it might be.

To clarify, when you're doing your Freeze Frame, you:

1. Place the timeline marker/scrubber at the desired point

2. Right click on the video & select Edit Video > Freeze Frame

Is that right?

Cheers - Tony

P.S. I won't muddy the waters by posting what I just noticed about snapshots & freeze frames in PDR18, as it's not related to Gary's issue.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
GaryR28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes Tony. That is the procedure that I follow.
BTW: I found that if I go to Action Camera then it I can make a freeze frame there, but doing it that way results in other problems. Loss or potential loss of previously applied attributes etc and the need then to actually go and 'produce' a small clip and paste it in before I can replace those (or additional attributes). I've gotten spoiled using the freeze frame under Edit Video menu. Don't know what to do next. I'm sorry I upgraded to v18. Don't see any advantages.. just problems..sigh..
Gary R