Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 365 Freezing Imports
NickC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2019 23:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I purchased PhotoDirector 365 yesterday and when I try to import files (or a folder), the import stops at 50 - I am trying to import 97 picture files (all jpg). It doesn't just do the first 50 but a random amount. It says it is still importing but at 53% it stops. It has been at that figure for over an hour. The software is still useable but I cannot access all the pictures.

I tried "chunking" it - selected 40 pictures but only 11 were imported

When I go to exit the program, it says it is still importing

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not seeing any problems when importing folders with dozens to hundreds of images. I don't even get any kind of "Importing 53%" message - they import almost instantly (as shown by the number of clips in the Folders view), and the visible thumbnails along the bottom fill in quickly, one at a time. Here's a quick screen recording showing a folder import of 507 images:

Where are you importing your images from? A USB drive, camera, networked drive or an internal HDD/SSD?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
NickC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata

Thanks for the quick reply and the video of what you see. I have created a screen recording of what happens when I try and import pictures

The pictures are on my internal SSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNHYE-WN_8

Thanks

Nick
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the recording on YT showing the issue. It would probably be helpful to supply a DxDiag.txt on your pc to check for possible problems. It looks like possible cell phone photos. Do you know the resolution, format, and size of a photo in the folder...
NickC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tomasc

Thanks for the reply. Some are undoubtably cell phone pictures and have been downloaded from Instagram (with full permission)

I assume you only need details of one of the photos? If so;

Dimensions: 1080 x 1349
Horizontal and vertical resolution: 96 dpi
Bit depth: 24

Attached is a DxDiag file

Thanks

Nick
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
466 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag results.

You have the latest BIOS which was released barely 2 weeks ago, but somehow the updated video drivers weren't installed. Both your Intel and nVidia drivers are a few months out of date, so go ahead and get the latest ones from the Asus driver page. You'll have to click on See All Downloads to view details for both drivers.

Of more concern is the significant number of crashes of the Symantec "EdgeExtension" shown in most of the "Fault bucket" records at the end of the file. I don't know if these might directly or indirectly relate to your problem of not being able to finish importing photos, but clearly something bad is going on there.

I would uninstall that extension, and then reboot and run through the commands shown in the post by zbook in this thread. Do at least the first 2 to see how well Win10 is set up and configured. The commands will also attempt to repair any detected damage. You may need to run the command again if either one reports that it cannot make repairs.

Once Win10 has a clean bill of health, try importing your clips again and let us know what happens.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
LLOYD STEVENS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2021 03:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem too, cannot even import a simple jpeg file, it will show importing and will just sit there at 5% and nothing happens? Too much drama using this software?.