Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 18 Batch Processing?
NewUser123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2020 15:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I’ve just started using PowerDirector 18, which means I’m a complete novice. Maybe there is a feature that allows me to obtain what I want, but I could not find it.

I have a lot of folders (about 700), and each of these folders contains several (up to 50) avi files. For each one of these folders, I wish to produce a HEVC mp4 file (with a filename that matches the folder name) that contains the avi files (converted to HEVC format) concatenated to each other, thus resulting in about 700 HEVC mp4 files.

Manually, I can achieve this by the following steps: (1) Full mode, (2) Import media, (3) Import a media folder, (4) Select all, (5) Insert on selected track, (6) Produce, (7) Select H.265 HEVC, (7.1) Select a specific export folder and name the mp4 file the same as the import folder name, (7.2) Start.

Is there a way to do it without having to manually enter this procedure about 700 times, i.e. is there any kind of batch processing?

Any help is highly appreciated. Please excuse my ignorance.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 13. 2020 16:19

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
As you have suspected, a video editing program is overkill for this purpose. This need is better serviced with a video format converter such as handbrake or HD video Converter which are lightweight programs to do the job. Both of these can handle batch jobs.