Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 19 - Network issue
LordRussell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2020 19:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Even though I have the basic version of 19, after the load screen appears to select either the PC or TV experience the program stops & then posts a "network connection is inactive" window.

My internet connection is completely fine. I'm typing this post on the computer its supposed to use, so this is obviously not the problem.

All my othr programs are accessing the net with absolutely no difficulty. I'm frustated with this issue. I have also downloaded what the site considers to be a patch to no avail.

Anybody got any ideas what this is?

I've also done the Google chase & that was no help either. Apparently this particular forum doesn't have anything either. Or I'm too idiotic to do a proper search.

Thanks for any help I can get.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

A screenshot of the error message (including the program) would help a lot for sure. Never heard of that message before. Are you using PowerDVD Live? Trying to access the Devices and Home Network tab?

Dave
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
LordRussell:

You should check your firewall to ensure that it is allowing PDVD19 to access the Internet. That might be the problem.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
LordRussell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2020 19:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

A screenshot of the error message (including the program) would help a lot for sure. Never heard of that message before. Are you using PowerDVD Live? Trying to access the Devices and Home Network tab?

Dave

Thanks for helping me so far. Attached is two photos showing the primary screen & the error message recieved after selecting the TV experience (although, it has the same reply with the PC selection as well).

I've even tried this by disabling ZoneAlarm, but I have already accepted program privalage when ZoneAlarm asks.

I'm afraid I'll have to plead ignorance on which program you are asking about (unless this is answered by the primary photo supplied).

Thanks again for all your help.
[Thumb - initial screen.png]
 Filename
initial screen.png
[Disk]
 Description
Initial screen upon exicution
 Filesize
1138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - Error window.png]
 Filename
Error window.png
[Disk]
 Description
Error after selecting either option
 Filesize
133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the screenshots. Are you using PowerDVD Live version, i.e. the subscription?

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Certain security programs have background blocking processes even though you have allowed the access on the permission dialog.

Temporarily unisntall ZoneAlarm competely (but not just disabled the protection or add powerdvd to exclusion list), then reboot Windows.

Check if you can launch powerdvd normally without ZoneAlarm installed.

If it resolved after ZoneAlarm removal, it should be a ZoneAlarm blocking issue.