Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Many bugs in Power Director
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2007 01:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I've used windows movie maker to capture in the past as it does not create pixelation in the output. All of the versions of PD I've owned(5,6,7 and now "8") do not capture digital video well. What a disappointment to see that PD8 has not addressed this. By "pixelation", I mean, every 10 seconds or so, there is a small, but noticeable glitch that looks like digital squares all over the screen. Not a big deal though since there are many ways to capture digital video. It just would have been nice.

The reason I upgraded to PD8 was because of a suggestion on a forum string that suggested to upgrade when having issues. My main issue of the moment at that time was, PD7 all of a sudden decided to not recognize the audio type of the format imported. At least, that's what the properties of the track in the timeline says(select Properites - Audio=Type: Unknown format). I can hear the audio when playing the file(MPEG-2) when it's selected in the "Content" section. This is an MPEG-2 file created from Windows Movie Maker(Version 6.0 Build 6001: Service Pack 1). My machine is a Dell DXP061 with 4 gig ram, 32 bit Vista Ultimate spq, 2.66Ghz, Display adapter, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS. I'm using PD8 build 2013.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2009 00:46

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Yes, it's my experience too that PD does not always like files imported from other applications!

Have you tried capturing to an external hard drive? That's what I do as I used to get the odd error when capturing to the pc hard drive, due to other background operations taking place.

Regards

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2009 07:11

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
M13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2009 20:25 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I'm guessing you just need to update your codecs. I've never had a format issue with PD. I've found the opposite to be true....when certain formats don't work in players or coverters.....I drop them into PD and they work.

I suggest you install this: http://download.cnet.com/K-Lite-Mega-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10794603.html?tag=mncol

And let me know if it helps.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Post deleted and locked.

I just don't want to waste my time monitoring a rant post.

Dafydd
[Moderator]