Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture Working but not as expected
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All..I'm a bit of a newb to PowerDirector8, I'm actually only still playing with the trial version.

Currently I use Pinnacle Studio 12, but I'd like what PowerDirector offers better but before I purchase it I'm running through the trail. One of the things I'm have issues with is the capture. I'm using a VHSC camcorder, Panasonic, that I'm capturing from a VCR. When I capture the content from PD it capture the entire movie as one clip, where as when I capture it through Pinnacle it recongizes when I've paused and it will mark that as one clip, and the next and so on. When I want to edit a specfic clip I can isolate much easier in Pinnacle. Can I get PD to recongize the pauses or something so that it captures the clips indiviually vs as one giant clip?

To give you a better example, is I'm filming a high school football games, to create a highlight video at the end of the season, so inbetween each play i pause, but I film each and every play. When I go to edit the film, to shorten certain clips, or cut out clips or what ever its a lot easier in Pinnacle cause I can isolate that one clip, where as in PD it seems to be very time comsuming, unless I'm doing it completely wrong.

The only option I found in PD was to go through the entire film and do a muti trim and split out each section, but even then I can't really isoiate that one clip, I still have go through the entire time line when I want to trim that one section even after I've segemented.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or missing something, I'd perfer to simply be able to have PD, during the capture, recongize the pauses and segment them automatically as clips, is that possible?

Thanks in advance..
Bob