Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to find duplicate images
MojoTojo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2016 02:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
have already imporated TBs worth of images into PD, now i want to find and select/delete duplicates.
MojoTojo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2016 02:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
no way to do this after import?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know as I've only worked with a few photos at a time in PhD, but there are tons of free/low cost 3rd party apps that will do that on a system level.

Remember that PhD generally works with virtual copies and doesn't make changes to the original photos, so it's probably better to find and handle duplicate images outside the app anyway.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello MojoTojo,

PhotoDirector does not import duplicate photos, unless they've been renamed by the user.

If there are duplicate photos in your PhD library for the above reason, it's not an easy task to track them down. As far as I can determine, it would need to be a manual/visual process.

PIX PIX YouTube channel