Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I enable TrueTheater Motion for HD playback?
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2009 21:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've taken my .MKV files and muxed them to .AVI. Now it seems I can't enable any TrueTheater option. It prompts me to disable TrueTheater Lighting and Smart De-Interlacing. Whether I say yes or no, the option to change any other TrueTheater option in settings seems to be disabled. TrueTheater Motion in particular is important and obvious that it isn't functioning during HD playback.

All of these functions work perfectly (and stunningly) for DVD playback.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thomas,

The TrueTheater video features can only be used during non-HD playback.

I believe the reasoning is, besides the fact that enhancing HD video is not required, it would be too taxing on most processors.

Regards,
David
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2009 21:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Well, upscaling, sure. But the frame rate between SD and HD formats are still 24. HD-playback would still benefit from TrueTheater Motion. I believe my processor can handle it.

As a side note, are there any plans to share the load with the GPU and VRAM in PowerDVD 10?
Tommy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 16:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I would LOVE to see TrueTHeater Motion enabled for HD content!!!!!!!! I have an older 60hz plasma and I hate the studdering from 60hz.