Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 17 Fisheye adjustment with YI 4K Action Cam
Seven_1983 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2020 00:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I have the YI 4K Action Cam and I want to edit the Fisheye with the Powerdirector tool. Anybody know what´s the best adjustment for the YI 4K Cam?

Thank you very
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are actually several different viewing angles on that cam (or at least there are on the Action+ version). They range from moderate to wide to ultra wide, and they're available under the settings (gear) icon. Not all resolutions/frame rates offer different fields of view, however.

Here's a set of images I made last year from a static position to test out how the different field of view settings look:

As you can see there are differing amounts of fisheye distortion, depending on how wide your field of view setting is.

If you'd like to correct for this in PD, I suggest trying out the various available presets until you find one that's close, then try tweaking the settings a step or two in each direction to see which gives you the best look.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2020 23:51

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°