Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background blur & replace - performance issues
PA1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2020 20:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When I use 'background blur' or 'background replace' in YouCam & Perfectcam, the results are not as good as I see in this demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejPLlcWY3CU

So what are the minimum hardware specifications which this feature needs to work properly? --The system requirements page says: "For Background Blur, Intel Core™ i-series 6th generation and above is recommended."

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/perfectcam/specs_en_US.html

However, it does not explain what will happen if this CPU requirement is not met: does it mean the frame rate will be reduced, or does it mean the edge detection accuracy will be reduced? (And how can I choose which one I prefer? --If the camera is always in the same place, the user should be able to manually calibrate the settings to achieve optimum performance in that environment.)

• How would the user know when the app did not have time to perform all of the necessary computational processing on a frame because of some resource constraint? (There should be an indicator for this.)

• Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of edge detection, so the user can decide if he prefers to leak more background or suffer more 'coiffure cut-off' ?

• Does the cameras native frame rate, resolution or light sensitivity have a significant impact on the accuracy of edge detection? (If so, can you tell us which cameras work best?)

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
The questions are very professional.
Like.