Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual Monitor Display
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2007 01:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased PD8. The main reason was because I saw that it features "Dual Monitor Display". I have multiple monitors and cannot seem to see any difference in the "Dual Monitor Display" in PD8 and the non-"Dual Monitor Display" in PD7, i.e., the width of the app is still restricted to the width of a single monitor.

Anybody know what this is? I was hoping to be able to stretch my PD8 app across multiple monitors.

Thanks,

Jon
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Hi Jon,

Never looked at the marketing blurb, but the menu is actually "dual preview" with the option of "primary and secondary display".

As far as I know it is confined to allowing you to display the preview on a second monitor as opposed to being restricted to a single monitor preview in media viewer.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2007 01:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Adrian, Interesting. Not exactly what I was hoping for. The marketing blurb on the comparison page at cyberlink.com said "Dual Monitor Support". I guess this is it. Not a bad feature though. It's kinda cool.

Thanks for the reply.
[Post New]
Hi,
I have dual monitors working with PD 8. My primary monitor is a 30 inch Dell with 2560X1600 display and a second Samsung TV (video preview) monitor with 1920X1080 display. I am driving the monitors with a EVGA GTX 295 graphic card. This cards has two digital output and both monitors are connected with Dual Link DVI cables. When the dual preview option is selected the video appears on the Samsung TV monitor. It works very well.
Kuroshio
Hauss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2009 22:46 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
on my system as soon as I press the dual preview the program crashes.. How do I resolve .. Its vista HOME PREMIUM with an NVIDIA 9800GT

HELP!
fuzzyphil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2010 16:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: on my system as soon as I press the dual preview the program crashes.. How do I resolve .. Its vista HOME PREMIUM with an NVIDIA 9800GT

HELP!

Same here.
Select dual monitors and the software just crashes.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys, I hate to tell you I had problems with NVIDIA 9800GT card also.

It seems that NVIDIA Missed the boat on this card.

My NVIDIA 9800GT card would not play nice with two monitors. It switched the output. Primary was sent to the secondary monitor. Never could get the two monitors reversed.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.