Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
color grading only one side of the video so It matches the other
Daniel5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2019 20:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I filmed a video and because the lighting was uneven one side of the video is a little bit darker and less colorful, I was wondering if there is a way were I can color grade only one side of the video so It matches a little bit more with the other?

*And I did tried duplicating the video cropping only the right side and color grading it but it doesn't seem to sit well with the original video you can see the line in the middle .
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
What you need is a mask that you can feather the edge so that you don't have the hard line. Your idea should work. I just tried the gradient mask in ColorDirector to thumb down the exposure on the top right and leaving the exposure in the bottom right alone. See the attached.

If you use one of the mask in mask designer, uncheck maintain aspect ratio, and resize it properly, and feather the edge then it should work just as well without using ColorDirector.
[Thumb - CGM1.jpg]
 Filename
CGM1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Corrected top right of video to darken it to match the bottom left side.
 Filesize
388 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - CGM0.jpg]
 Filename
CGM0.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Original bright top right side of video.
 Filesize
392 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)