Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Running Director Suite 365 but need a New PC, help !
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Happy New Year everyone.

It's a while since my last posting, hope everyone is having a great editing timecool

My old PC has, at last given up! I'm franticly looking around for a desk top PC that can also handle video editing.
I'm using the Cyberlink 365 Director Suite ( and still enjoy using it ) recently I've started using 4k and it works, very slowly but really well.
With all the deals around at the moment, my PC couldn't have picked a better time to pack in undecided
I don't have the time nor the skills to build my own PC and there is also a financial constraint to consider so it looks as if I have to buy a readymade box of tricks.
My local shop is offing a HP Pavilion 690-0039na Intel® Core™ i5 Desktop PC - 2 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD . I'm sure it will be better than my old Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, plus the internal SSD will offer, I hope, a great improvement in performance.

Any thoughts please innocent

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
You should be able to get a pretty good i7 for a decent price. (Refurbished computers on Amazon and eBay are great buys.) If you're buying a new computer, it's the least you should shoot for (depending on your budget).

I use this chart as a rule of thumb. Any benchmark rating over 10,000 will allow you to edit even 4K with no problems.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote You should be able to get a pretty good i7 for a decent price. (Refurbished computers on Amazon and eBay are great buys.) If you're buying a new computer, it's the least you should shoot for (depending on your budget).

I use this chart as a rule of thumb. Any benchmark rating over 10,000 will allow you to edit even 4K with no problems.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Thanks for your reply StevenG

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2020 14:32

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
belated happy new year to you, too.
Quote Happy New Year everyone. ...My local shop is offing a HP Pavilion 690-0039na Intel® Core™ i5 Desktop PC - 2 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD . I'm sure it will be better than my old Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, plus the internal SSD will offer, I hope, a great improvement in performance. ...Any thoughts please innocent Cheers

cpu power is good. it's 12065; however, RAM is only 8GB and SSD is only 256GB!
i'd recommend at least 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD.
2TB HDD and GTX 1660 6GB vRAM is pluses +++. thumbs up.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2020 03:10

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
The HP you pointed out is a decent PC. You can always upgrade the RAM after you get it. 8GB is the minimum I'd ever recommend anyone ever get. 8GB is ok for most people but for video editing, 16GB is recommended. The CPU with quick sync and this video card should be so much faster at "producing."
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote The HP you pointed out is a decent PC. You can always upgrade the RAM after you get it. 8GB is the minimum I'd ever recommend anyone ever get. 8GB is ok for most people but for video editing, 16GB is recommended. The CPU with quick sync and this video card should be so much faster at "producing."

Many thanks curtain man. Extra ram ordered .
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote belated happy new year to you, too.

cpu power is good. it's 12065; however, RAM is only 8GB and SSD is only 256GB!
i'd recommend at least 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD.
2TB HDD and GTX 1660 6GB vRAM is pluses +++. thumbs up.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Cheers PepsiMan. That's given me confidence in the offer, I'll get the extra ram too.

cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.