Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector not rendering entire project
[Post New]
I'm working on a project involving putting real radio stations into a video game, so I recorded 3 6-hour recordings of real radio stations. My plan was then to import them into PowerDirector, remove the video so it's only audio, then trim off the edges so they become almost-perfect loops.

For the first two radio stations, everything went well. On the third, however, I encountered a strange glitch. In the Timeline, my edited project is 07:37:28 in length, however when I produce the audio, the resulting clip is only 06:12:49 in length. For some reason it's ignoring the last bit of audio - I need it to be included.

I've tried everything and nothing has worked - why is it ignoring the last bit of the project when literally all of the 3000+ clips on my computer don't act this way in PowerDirector?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-6700K
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Samsung EVO 860 2TB SSD

All virus/malware/rootkit scans come up clean, sfc /scannow reports no problems, no other clips I've tried have this issue, drivers and updates are completely up-to-date.

So it's only this one project having an issue. Everything about the source clip used is exactly the same as the other ones I used - same audio codec, same video codec, same bitrate, same quality, same file extension - but only this one has an issue. I need this fixed very soon, like within a day or two.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you attach a snapshot of your entire timeline? I can't tell if you've extracted the audio, separated the A/V sections on the timeline clip and deleted the video section, or have left everything intact and either disabled the video track to produce, or have produced directly to an audio-only output (like WAV).

Any of these other approaches may get you the proper length, so give them each a try if possible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2020 21:16

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I did those approaches for the previous two projects and it worked fine, but not for this project. Here's a screenshot of the timeline:

https://imgur.com/a/DUIYvfH

Remember that this is what the previous two projects looked like, and every bit of those projects - down to the millisecond - were produced properly.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You could try Audacity to produce a constant bit rate audio. You could also put a normal video on track 1 and your mp4 on track 2. Adjust the length of the video on track 1 to match that in track 2. Disable or mute the audio in track 1 and then produce the whole thing as audio. This should work.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I need this fixed very soon, like within a day or two.

I doubt any volunteer here can fix it, only suggest a work around to keep you going, CL probably won't even fix it since PD17.

I'd try to convert your mp4 with Handbrake to a constant framerate and avg bitrate and then go through your PD sequence again with the HandBrake video, issue will probably be resolved.

With what little detail has been shown, more than likely a highly variable framerate mp4 is the root of the issue.

Jeff
[Post New]
I just tried Audacity, but for some reason it only produces around 1 hour 30 minutes of it. So I guess this project is impossible.

Also the total bitrate of the source clip is 1079 kbps, so a high bitrate can't be the issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2020 13:55