Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam 9 newly bought does not seem to recognise my new Webcam
Roseashm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2017 00:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I hope you can help me, I have tried to go online and the first thing I noticed after following the instructions to go live streaming to Facebook was that I didn't have a Go Live to click, then looking at all my devices I noticed it is not showing the new webcam I have upgraded not brand new from scratch wondering if that could be a problem, Many thanks Roseashm
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

You really haven't give anyone enough to assist you. So please follow the instructions in the read me and contact CyberLink technical support about your issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Technical support is not provided on the forum.

Cheers
YouCam Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
hi Roseashm,
Do you mean you cannot find your webcam in your facebook browser page?
If yes, what do you see? can have a snapshot for better explain your problem?
Roseashm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote hi Roseashm,
Do you mean you cannot find your webcam in your facebook browser page?
If yes, what do you see? can have a snapshot for better explain your problem?

No, not at all, I have revised how I am explaining my issue and maybe this will help I hope so here goes.

Hello, I upgraded to Youcam 9 from 7 and I cannot get on to go online, there seems to be something missing on my page, I haven't go a button for me to click that says "" as told by "go live" instruction to go live so can't go any further, I have tried a few ways but no go so could you please check mine out for me, after watching a few demos mine doesn't seem the same,
Kind Regards Roseashm
I have attached a screenshot to show you
[Thumb - Screenshot_1.  webcam 9 png.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_1. webcam 9 png.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of my issue of my YouCam 9
 Filesize
1102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Your YouCam 9 screen looks fine.

You may have to understand that CyberLink YouCam does not have a feature to directly stream your webcam video to "Facebook" platform without Facebook live/broadcasting service.

It is still done by "Facebook" platform to broadcast/stream your webcam videos, which the webcam video is fetched from YouCam program (with YouCam's webcam effects).

The Go Live button is on the Facebook live streaming page in Chrome/Firefox browser or whatever web browsers you used, and your webcam device must be selected as "CyberLink YouCam" (a virtual webcam created by CyberLink YouCam) on "Facebook" webpage. The setting is on Facebook webpage side, but not in the YouCam program.

This FAQ might help you set up the matter:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24687

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2020 22:26

Roseashm [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just saw the new message thank you , Kind Regards for your message, will go and play, Regards Roseashm
[Thumb - Settings Annotation 2020-01-02 090300.png]
 Filename
Settings Annotation 2020-01-02 090300.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2020 18:32

Roseashm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just saw the new message thank you , Kind Regards for your message, will go and play, Regards Roseashm

This still does not help me thanks as I do not have the first point to start everything as you would see from my first video, Regards Roseashm
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

This still does not help me thanks as I do not have the first point to start everything as you would see from my first video, Regards Roseashm

First point is: https://www.facebook.com/
You should start Facebook Live here, and in the webpage, select CyberLink YouCam as your webcam/video device for your Facebook streaming.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2020 01:53

Roseashm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all who are trying to help me, almost got it, just need to understand, so under the settings on my YouCam it does not have to say YouCam 9 for the Vie? Sceenshot enclosed.
[Thumb - Screenshot_settings  61.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_settings 61.png
[Disk]
 Description
Setting of Youcam 9 Video
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2020 00:03

Roseashm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you all who are trying to help me, almost got it, just need to understand, so under the settings on my YouCam it does not have to say YouCam 9 for the Vie? Sceenshot enclosed.

Yes thanks I did that exactly but nothing happened, actually, it did, it wanted me to put in the usual stream key which i don't have
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Roseashm,

I think you're using the previous version of FB go live page.
If so, remember to select "camera" on the top of this page, then you can select YouCam on the right side.

The default FB go live page is "Connect". It requires user to live stream via a streaming tool.
That's why you saw a stream key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2020 22:55

Roseashm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes thanks I found out that , thanks for our reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2020 21:02