Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MOV Files with Transparency Issues
[Post New]
Good morning everyone!

I am having a really odd issue. I have lower thirds that are rendered as MOV files to support transparency. I have been using the same ones for quite some time. I just had some new ones made and for some reason every time I try to import the new ones, PD crashes. I am using the most up to date version of PD as well. Can someone test these and see if you have the same issue? Any ideas on what I can do to resolve?

Both files are here, and labeled as working or not https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ottvvb1ULXVvw_1YgFjckitU4ZpQ4nLp
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
[Thumb - see.PNG]
 Filename
see.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 20. 2019 13:24

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
[Post New]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ottvvb1ULXVvw_1YgFjckitU4ZpQ4nLp

Hang on let me make you a video so you can see it

This is crazy. Mine hangs on the importing progress bar and I have to force quit the app. I might need to reinstall and try again

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 20. 2019 14:15

PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good morning everyone!

I am having a really odd issue. I have lower thirds that are rendered as MOV files to support transparency. I have been using the same ones for quite some time. I just had some new ones made and for some reason every time I try to import the new ones, PD crashes. I am using the most up to date version of PD as well. Can someone test these and see if you have the same issue? Any ideas on what I can do to resolve?

Both files are here, and labeled as working or not https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ottvvb1ULXVvw_1YgFjckitU4ZpQ4nLp

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2019 14:15

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JDubb1 -

That "DoesNOTworkinPD.mov" file works fine in PDR18, here.

Do you have Quicktime or Quicktime Lite installed? The video is made using QT RLE codec.

I took your .mov file & re-rendered it in After Efffects to see whether that would make any difference for you. You can check by downloading this packed project. It includes some other alpha videos made with QT & PNG codecs. The video rendered in Ae is named "DoesNOTworkinPD_1.mov".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi JDubb1 -

That "DoesNOTworkinPD.mov" file works fine in PDR18, here.

Do you have Quicktime or Quicktime Lite installed? The video is made using QT RLE codec.

I took your .mov file & re-rendered it in After Efffects to see whether that would make any difference for you. You can check by downloading this packed project. It includes some other alpha videos made with QT & PNG codecs. The video rendered in Ae is named "DoesNOTworkinPD_1.mov".

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for doing this and sorry for the late reply. I have Quicktime installed and everything, but still, this file crashes my PD. I reinstalled and tried again the same result. I am at a loss.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
On my end, PD doesn't have any trouble with any of those clips. This screenshot has a solid color background to show that the MOV clip is transparent:

Jdubb1, the problem on your end seems to be when transparent MOV clips are encoded with RLE, since both the original and Tony's Ae clip use that format. Meanwhile, the clip that works on your system uses PNG. Did you try importing the 1 Line (png).mov in Tony's packed project? I'm guessing that will work.

You might want to open a ticket with tech support to get this issue resolved. You'll need to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread, and when you do that if you'd like to attach the DxDiag results here as well, we can see if anything obvious might be going on.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°