Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mask Designer Assistance Please!
OldtimeUser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2019 10:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Version 16 and need to "bloop" out a portion of video! I thought I could use a mask, but they seem to mask the whole video....can't seem to be able to "reduce" the size of the mask to simply cover the offending bit of video. Any ideas anyone?? Or am I asking too much??

Many thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Based upon your description, you should use say a black color board instead. Place it on a lower track below the video. Open PiP Designer. Go to Object settings and uncheck the Maintain aspect ratio Resize the color board to cover only the part of the video you want to ‘bloop’ out.
VanSolo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2019 12:48 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
As above,
definately sounds more pip than mask.
OldtimeUser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2019 10:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys....I will give it a go....

btw.....also I had been using Power Director 8 for a long time so the jump to 16 has been a learning curve....but I now don't seem to be able to "split" detected scenes in videos. Previously, after detecting scenes, I have viewed and re-split so that I can drop stuff to cut down large video extracts etc. Everytime I do this, version 16 seems to simply crash after I hit OK at the end....any thoughts???

Sorry - bit of a novice..
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The last time I used any scene detection is with dv and pinnacle. Modern camera video already have separate files for each recording that I do so don’t need it in my opinion as I prefer to edit it myself without the need of scene detection to do it for me like on continuous video tape. You have not stated why you use PD16 if PD8 is what you are comfortable with. I believe that there may be users who claim PD8 is compatible with Windows 10.

Let us know what type of video file format you are editing and the version of windows that you are using.