Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Control Speed - best way to find breaks
[Post New]
Hello,

I am trying to cut pieces of music out using AD from PD.

How do I slow down the music so I can find when a beat drops or there is a break - so I can cut or manipulate there?

I see pitch control.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Veepo
[Post New]
Hello Veepo,

I'm not exactly sure in what way you're trying to "mix" or modify music. Are you blending tracks together or shortening an existing track?

In basic terms, using the displayed wave form would be my first point of reference for cutting & adding sections. Expanding the timeline to zoom in helps with precision.

Are you particularly wishing to shift/bend the pitch?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

I am trying to cut a certain portion of music out. The issue is it moves so fast, I cannot tell where it actaully begins and ends. So I want to slow it down so I can hear where the music changes or for a word, to cut or copy. It is the original music, not edited in any way.

Does that make more sense?

Thoughts?

Quote Hello Veepo,

I'm not exactly sure in what way you're trying to "mix" or modify music. Are you blending tracks together or shortening an existing track?

In basic terms, using the displayed wave form would be my first point of reference for cutting & adding sections. Expanding the timeline to zoom in helps with precision.

Are you particularly wishing to shift/bend the pitch?

PIX