Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Choosing the Right Play Back Mode
Dangerruss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2013 19:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have created a project that has a root menu and and a sub menu with 7 scenes (chapters). I selected a playback mode of "play selected title only". On the sub menu I selected chapter 1. When chapter 1 is finished, I would have expected the video to return to the sub menu so maybe I want to play chapter 5 next. However, the video just keeps playing in sequence chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. I want each of the individual chapters to return to the sub menu when that particular chapter has finished playing. What am I doing wrong.. Please help.. Thanks in advance.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This won't work. Chapters are not titles. Titles are separate videos or projects. The easiest way to fix this now may be to highlight each chapter section on the timeline use the Produce Range to create each separate titlle(video). In the Create Disc/Content, you can add the titles or projects.

See this post for additional information: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78124.page#320166 .
Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This won't work. Chapters are not titles. Titles are separate videos or projects. The easiest way to fix this now may be to highlight each chapter section on the timeline use the Produce Range to create each separate titlle(video). In the Create Disc/Content, you can add the titles or projects.

See this post for additional information: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78124.page#320166 .

Thanks. I have a doctor's appointment this morning and will use the produce range function to get the desired effect this afternoon and will post an update.
Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This won't work. Chapters are not titles. Titles are separate videos or projects. The easiest way to fix this now may be to highlight each chapter section on the timeline use the Produce Range to create each separate titlle(video). In the Create Disc/Content, you can add the titles or projects.

I have highlighted a chapter section on my timeline and I cannot find a option to "Produce Range". Please help this newbie...

Thanks!

Nevermind. I did not have the chapter highlighted correctly...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2019 09:49

Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]

I have highlighted a chapter section on my timeline and I cannot find a option to "Produce Range". Please help this newbie...

Thanks!

Nevermind. I did not have the chapter highlighted correctly...

I was able to save all my chapters to individual video file using the "Produce Range".
My question is on the next steps... Should I start a new project and just import those individual videos or should I create a separate project for each video, then create a new project and import those six projects?

Thanks for your help
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My question is on the next steps... Should I start a new project and just import those individual videos or should I create a separate project for each video, then create a new project and import those six projects?

Thanks for your help

Since you have already created the separate videos, you don't need to make separate projects for each video unless you want it to be more complicated for your learning experience along with trial and error if you have the time.

You can choose a menu and then import all those separate videos and then save it as a project. That is the easy way.

You can put the first video on the timeline, choose a menu, and import all the other videos, and save it as a project too. This also works.
Dangerruss [Avatar]
[Post New]

Since you have already created the separate videos, you don't need to make separate projects for each video unless you want it to be more complicated for your learning experience along with trial and error if you have the time.

You can choose a menu and then import all those separate videos and then save it as a project. That is the easy way.

You can put the first video on the timeline, choose a menu, and import all the other videos, and save it as a project too. This also works.

Thanks. That is exactly what I did. My first project is complete.