Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
large video on 2 Discs without compressing
Dale Schut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 20:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have VHS shows that are very large files (from 17gb- 35gb), is there a way to put them on multiple discs w/o compressing them (I'm already usig DL discs. My only option so far is to rerecord the files in 7.3 (or close) gb sections.
But all my previous work would be for naught. Please help bail me out.......
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
How do you want to play the discs later? If you don't want to compress the files, just burn them as data discs in Power2Go. This will let you access the uncompressed original files on a disc on other computers.

If you want to burn as a playable Blu-ray or DVD, then the files must be compressed to encode them in the Blu-ray video/DVD video formats. A dual-layer Blu-ray Disc though can hold up to 50 GB of video.

Dave
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You need to give more information to get good help from the users here. Please let us know what you used and how the files are recorded. Are the files compliant (mpeg-2, correct bitbate, resolution, etc.) for playing on a dvd or non compliant and you simply want to store them as data on dvd+-dl discs as storage.

Do you even know if these are avi files since you stated that you don't want to compress them. You could search and find a utility to simply cut the files to size to put them on disc or have them dvd-video complaint from using a video editor. Need the details to help.

You may be able to create dvd-video discs simply using the Power2Go software if the trimming of those 17 to 25GB files, authoring, etc. is adequate for your needs. You are allowed to say trim the end on one file to make it smaller, the begging of the same file, and both ends of the next one so you can burn them all without recording the shows again. It is that easy.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
I guess your 17gb- 35gb shows were recorded in avi format, it must be compressed no matter using which disc format (DVD/Blu-ray).