Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjustments won't save
David38 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2019 05:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to Audio Director, having migrated from Audacity. I have two big issues.

1. I am making adjustments to the audio after recording, just simple things like fading and boosting. But whenever I save it, the adjustments don't save - I'm left with the original recording without adjustments. Please don't tell me I have to Produce (render) the project after every minor little adjustment - that would be too ridiculous.

2. Every other time I try to save, the program crashes ie I'm left with the little blue circle going round constantly and eventually I have to use Task Manager to quit, which leaves me having to start all over again.

I must be doing something wrong - please help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you might not be clicking on Apply after making each of your edits. It's not completely obvious that you need to do that, because you can hear the results right away when you're previewing, but AD doesn't actually apply the changes to the project until you click, well, Apply.

As soon as you do that, you'll see the waveform change (at least if it's a fairly noticeable change); the Undo arrow will activate; and there will be an asterisk (*) in front of the project name along the top of the window. All of those serve as visual cues that the project settings have changed, and here are the first two:

If you save the project now, closing and reopening AD should bring everything right back where you left it. No producing or exporting required.

As for your second issue, you didn't provide any details about your computer, but one thing that might help is to uninstall AD and then reinstall it. It could also be that there are other processes running on your PC that are slowing it down, but without a lot more details, I can't be more helpful. You can review the steps in the << Read Me >> sticky to see the kind of info that would be useful.

If you notice that AD seems to be hanging when you're working with specific clips and not others, it might help if you uploaded one of the problematic clips to a cloud folder and pasted the link here so other people can see how it works on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
David38 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2019 05:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
No, I assure you I have been clicking 'Apply'. I'm going to experiment a bit more with the program today - I must be doing something wrong with the 'Save' process so I'll work on that.

On the issue of crashing, I'm beginning to wonder if it's because I'm trying to do loopback recording from the same computer I'm using for my output. On Audacity I find that if I do loopback I can't monitor the sound as I record it. When I looked at the instructions for Audio Director, I thought that the 'What you hear' option allows me to listen as I record, which I tried. It worked for a few seconds, then crashed, so I'm now wondering whether that is being caused by the recording being overloaded by the loopback. Perhaps I was wrong in interpreting the 'What you hear' function as giving me the ability to monitor as I record from the source within my computer. Could that be the problem? If so, is there any other way of monitoring loop-back recordings as they record and avoiding that problem?