Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow Without Music
StacyBlink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2019 21:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I am trying to make several short slideshows and produce them, and stitch them together and add music to make one really long slideshow (45 mins) like it's a video. But when I'm trying to make the first mini slideshow, it is repeating photos and making the slideshow 6 minutes to 8 minutes long for no known reason. I go into Customize and it has been auto closing and I have to start all over from scratch with the same results.

I've done this in the past, about 2 years ago and it went a lot better than this. I upgraded to the new CyberLink thinking maybe the new version would have more slideshow themes and better integration for customizing the slideshow.

I could do this manually, but I think that would take forEVER. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 8 mins for 10-25 pics repeating is boring

I'm on CyberLink PowerDirector 18 Version: 18.0.2028.0 (64 bit) Version type: Ultra.

I still have the old version on my computer, should I uninstall it?

Thanks!! I'm totally frustrated

Stacy

PS the options for fit pics to music or music to pics is grayed out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2019 22:42

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you're using the auto slideshow creator.

If so, get into your slideshow's settings and set the project to match your slides or, better, the recommended length rather than setting it to match the length of the music. That should eliminate the slide repitition (although some slideshow templates do tend to repeat images).
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi StacyBlink -

What you're trying to do is completely doable. For variety (if you wish), you can include:

1. Slideshow templates

2. Theme Designer templates

3. Video Collage Designer

4. Express Projects

and combine them in a longer presentation.

Using Slideshow Designer, if you haven't selected any background music it's normal for the "Fit Music" & "Fit Photos" options to be greyed out.

The only time I've seen SS Designer repeat photos is when one of those background music options is checked. With no music selected, it should present the selected photos in the order you've chosen.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!