Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MP3 is lengthened in duration by 30 seconds on all imports
WilliamH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2019 12:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I import my MP3 files, their duration is extended by 30 seconds on each file. This just started a few days ago and I have never had this issue. I contacted tech support but they wanted me to jump through several non-essential hoops that ended with a request for me to make a video of the entire error. I figured I would pop in here to see if any other users have this probelm before producing videos for tech support.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Just like tech support, we'd need some more detailed info than what you've provided.

I imagine that your MP3 clips are recorded with a variable bit rate, which PD is known to have issues with. It would help if you could download MediaInfo and confirm that, or alternately, attach a short sample clip (if it's under 5MB) to your reply using this button:

If the clip is bigger than that, please upload it to a cloud folder and paste the link here so other people can check it on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi WilliamH -

I've just checked about a dozen .mp3 files from various sources, & PDR18 (perpetual) shows their durations accurately. There have been similar issues reported with MP3s from time to time but I can't recall whether there was a common cause.

My first thought was whether the MP3s had constant or variable bitrate, but my checks (above) included both.

Could you share/post one of the MP3s with the issue? Also include a screenshot showing how your PDR18 displays the duration.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!