Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bug - zooming in PiP Designer
petr-ape [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2017 16:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
The object moves from its frame during zooming (out/in) in PiP Designer. Placing of object is so inaccurate. See attachment.
[Thumb - Bug.PNG]
 Filename
Bug.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1351 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2019 10:42

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi petr-ape -

I'm mucking around trying to replicate your issue... just at the preliminary stage.

BUT - before we go any further, is it you intention for the circle to become oval in shape? i.e. did you mean to uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio"? or are you wanting to simply expand the circle???

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No - sorry - whatever I do here, I can't replicate your issue where the object appears to jump out of its framing handles.

Could you please download this packed project (zipped)? When you open it in PDR18, see if you can replicate the same behaviour in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
petr-ape [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi.
I'm not going to have access to computer with PowerDirector 18 two days, so I try to more describe my problem.
I didn't do any change in properties of objects. I zoomed all objects and background - it means I used buttons zoom in and out (magnifier + / magnifier - (see attachement)) or combination Ctrl+Mouse wheel.
[Thumb - Attachement.JPG]
 Filename
Attachement.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2019 01:32

ynotfish
[Post New]
Sorry - way too confusing.

I understand you are not currently at your PC with PDR18/365, but you've attached a screenshot of PiP Designer in PDR13.

Does the issue happen only in PDR18? & not PDR13? or what? or not?

Whatever the case, here, in PDR18 or PDR13 changing the view using the +/- buttons or the % indicator has NO EFFECT on the object staying within its bounding frame.

Cheers - Tony
petr-ape [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I did this process in PDR17 it was fine. Problem is in PDR18.
I wrote from business notebook where I don't have PDR18. So I used YouTube to make screenshot.
PS: I have PDR18 in PC at home where I will be after two days.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
When you get back home, please use Screen Recorder to capture the actual edits you're making. Then upload the video to YouTube or to a cloud folder (on One Drive, Google Drive, etc) and paste the link to it here.

That will give us a much better understanding of what you're trying to do, and will show us exactly how PD is responding.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
[Post New]
EEK! ""surprised""

Now I see what you mean. I rarely use the +/- magnifier buttons & never use the Ctrl+scroll wheel option, but when I started throwing it around in PiP Designer:

1. the object appeared to shift vertically beyond its bounding handles, &

2. also appeared to become distorted (i.e. circle > oval)

Screen capture:

My apologies for doubting your word.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2019 14:57

petr-ape [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello.
Sorry for my late answer. It's exactly what I means.