Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to edit a blemish off my jacket so that it looks clean?
Mr E [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2017 02:29 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone. Long story short, I have white, yellow and pink sparkles on my suit jacket in a professional video I made and it looks silly and out of place. Is there a way I can edit them out? Basically, I want to copy the color of my suit jacket somehow and use that color o paint over the small area with the sparkles? I see that I can maybe paint over them in the paint designer plugin, but I can't seem to color my suit jacket, so there is no way I will get the color perfect enough for me to match exactly. Any guidance would be helpeful. Thanks everyone!
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
About the only way to do this effectively is to output each frame of your video (30 frames per second) as a picture using the Produce/Image Sequence option, paint over the spot on each individual picture and then import the pictures back into a projects as individual frames.

How long is the sequence you're trying to correct? Is the issue serious enough you're willing to correct 30 individual frames per second of video?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the 365/subscription version, you can use the BCC Beauty Studio tool from BorisFX that may smooth over the flecks and dim the sparkles. You can apply more than one FX, each tuned to a specific color, and it would be at least 100x easier than trying to manually remove the specks from every frame. The advantage of this FX is that even if there's a lot of motion, the effect can be applied to a wide area.

If you're not moving very much in the video, you can also/instead use BCC Remover and/or BCC Pixel Fixer to visually remove (by re-mapping over the specks from a clean area) or completely blur out the individual flecks, respectively. The advantage of these FX is that they will completely remove the offending flecks, but you may need to use keyframes to track them whenever they or the camera changes position.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°