Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio failures
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Good Morning
Hi Members Has anyone had this problem and found the solution.
I need a quick fix to decide to renew subscription that will win.
Problem, audio fails whenever it has a simple cut or transition.
This did not happen in the previous version, PD17 or earlier.
Less importantly, I think it may be related, SVRT stops working, then a video cut or transition.
Importantly, this is for MTS (i or p) videos from Sony camcorders.
I already asked Cyberlink support for help.
Link to project for test, dxdiag and screenshot
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z3fMC11Au7m_JONI4e9qEtV6pW6A8214
Thanks for listening.
[Thumb - audio failure.jpg]
 Filename
audio failure.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 29. 2019 08:30

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for sharing the project! On my Win10 system, I actually hear the audio gap when previewing the clips (with the Produce_0.wav track muted). I also hear the gap soon after the second clip starts, even though there is no transition there between the first and 2nd clips.

If I separate the clips completely, then the audio plays normally. However, each time the clips touch, even when there is no transition, the audio gap is present.

My Canon MTS files are very similar to yours, but I've always recorded in LPCM instead of Dobly Digital. I can substitute a Canon 00001.MTS file for your Sony clip, and the same project has normal audio.

I found an SVRT profile for your Sony clip and created a custom profile to produce LPCM audio. It only took 2 seconds to produce, and when I substitute the new 00001.M2TS clip in your project (you can download my copy from here), everything works correctly.

I'm sure this is related to the PD18 change to let Win10 handle all Dolby Digital audio, and please forward this thread to tech support on your existing ticket so that they can confirm the issue.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Optodata, thank you so much for donating your time to check my issue and suggest producing WAV audio.
This confirms that the problem is not just with my PC.
In the timeline, producing the audio of all clips in one, applying over the original audio, splitting each audio clip, applying “Link / Unlink video and audio”, I cut out each flaw.
If you apply transition over the fault you still get a little noticeable.
I am waiting for response from Cyberlink support, I hope this time there will not come just a standard answer that does not solve the problem. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Alex Foster [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2016 11:09 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
OMG...same problem here! Can't make a transition anymore without a sound dropout shortly after the transition in the second clip!

Come on, Cyberlink, are you serious? Where's the patch? Your expensive software (365 customer) is becoming unusable....yell

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2019 08:53

AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Customer Support Response2019/10/30 16:18

Hi Antonio,
Thank you for messaging back.
Regarding your concern with audio failing whenever you make a simple cut or transition in the PowerDirector 365/18 software.
Please be advised that after we tried again to download the files from the Google Drive link, we have successfully downloaded the project files you have provided.
By further checking, we have reproduced the same condition in our lab using your project file.
This case has been escalated to our engineering team for further investigation. We thank you for reporting this to us.
As a workaround, if you have an urgent need to edit the video now, you may consider using the 3rd-party open-source freeware: Handbrake to transcode the source video to supported H.264 MP4 AAC audio format, and then re-import the newly transcoded video to PowerDirector for further video/audio editing. This could be a possible solution, please check on the link below:
https://handbrake.fr/

Thanks and Regards,
Radford
CyberLink Technical Support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2019 12:53

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4