Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Add Precut Clips to Folders or Tag Them
MMakar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2019 23:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I know that PowerDirector doesn't provide the ability to organize clips into folders, but allows you to add tags and filter by tags. However, I can't even find a way to tag precut clips. How do I organize precut clips into folders or at least tags?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see a way to tag the precuts either, but you can change the alias of each one to something more descriptive, which might make it easier to find the correct one later on:

You'd still be limited to seeing only the precuts from a single source clip, though, since I don't see any way of "merging" preclips from multiple source clips into a single library to see them all at the same time. Maybe that's why tagging isn't supported?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
MMakar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2019 23:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. Changing the alias of the precut clip doesn't achieve an important and basic purpose--that is to organize clips. I'm amazed at how long this software has been around and supposedly has high reviews, and yet it doesn't offer a feature as basic as allowing you to organize your "precut" clips into folders or at least by tagging them. When there are only a few main clips, it might be ok to search through the precut clips. But when there are a lot of clips and precut clips, a way to organize them is very much needed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2019 02:20