Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hand Down, Man Down! Anyone Know What's Going On with Handbrake?
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
I regularly recommend Handbrake to PowerDirector users when they have issues with audio being out of sync, changing frame rates, importing files with certain codecs, and other reasons. Close to a month ago I recommended Handbrake to a user and when they went to the Handbrake site they received the message "This site can’t be reached. handbrake.fr unexpectedly closed the connection." The site has had that message since then and I have not heard anything about this on any other forum or website. So I have a few questions for my PD Peeps:

Does anyone know what's going on with Handbrake?

What free video transcoder would you recommend now that we are unable to download Handbrake?

Appreciate your help. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I regularly recommend Handbrake to PowerDirector users when they have issues with audio being out of sync, changing frame rates, importing files with certain codecs, and other reasons. Close to a month ago I recommended Handbrake to a user and when they went to the Handbrake site they received the message "This site can’t be reached. handbrake.fr unexpectedly closed the connection." The site has had that message since then and I have not heard anything about this on any other forum or website. So I have a few questions for my PD Peeps:

Does anyone know what's going on with Handbrake?

What free video transcoder would you recommend now that we are unable to download Handbrake?

Appreciate your help.

Hi,
A quick look using https://www.isitdownrightnow.com shows the last time handbrake was checked as up was 22 Oct 20:47 Pacific Time.
There have been 5 checks since then (latest 23rd Oct 16:46) all reporting the server/site is down.

There is no explanation given.

Using Spiceworks Traceroute results in :
"Did not reach handbrake.fr after 1m30s
We could not reach the destination host in the allotted time permitted.
This could be caused by the host not accepting TCP packets on port 80."

So can't help further on that one!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2019 14:32

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
A quick look using https://www.isitdownrightnow.com shows the last time handbrake was checked as up was 22 Oct 20:47 Pacific Time.
There have been 5 checks since then (latest 23rd Oct 16:46) all reporting the server/site is down.

There is no explanation given.

Using Spiceworks Traceroute results in :
"Did not reach handbrake.fr after 1m30s
We could not reach the destination host in the allotted time permitted.
This could be caused by the host not accepting TCP packets on port 80."

So can't help further on that one!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you for your reply. I just checked and the site is back up again! I wasn't checking it daily or anything so that's great news.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2019 14:48

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.