Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP / Crop scrubbing annoyance (disabled controls)
Synergy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2017 13:52 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
This is something that has been annoying me for sometime, and I think would be a nice quality of life improvement.

Whenever I am working in the PiP designer or Crop & Zoom window, all of the editing controls are disabled (grayed-out) unless I am at the very beginning of the clip in the preview window.

This means that if I want to preview my work, or make an adjustment further along in the video, I must first return the playhead to the very beginning of the clip (i.e. press STOP) before the editing controls are enabled again so I can make further adjustments.

Obviously this hampers work-flow, and means I have to constantly reset the playhead to check my work, adjust, then scrub back to where I was to check again ... rinse and repeat.

I really can't see any reason for this behavior.

(P.S.) to be clear, I am NOT talking about PLAYING the video while editing -- I am simply referring to having the playhead at any point in the video other than the beginning, which seems to disable all PiP and Cropping controls.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2019 23:52

whyisthenameSaltyillegal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2019 13:54 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is something that has been annoying me for sometime, and I think would be a nice quality of life improvement.

Whenever I am working in the PiP designer or Crop & Zoom window, all of the editing controls are disabled (grayed-out) unless I am at the very beginning of the clip in the preview window.

This means that if I want to preview my work, or make an adjustment further along in the video, I must first return the playhead to the very beginning of the clip (i.e. press STOP) before the editing controls are enabled again so I can make further adjustments.

Obviously this hampers work-flow, and means I have to constantly reset the playhead to check my work, adjust, then scrub back to where I was to check again ... rinse and repeat.

I really can't see any reason for this behavior.

(P.S.) to be clear, I am NOT talking about PLAYING the video while editing -- I am simply referring to having the playhead at any point in the video other than the beginning, which seems to disable all PiP and Cropping controls.

Same issue here. Try suggestioning it >here<
whyisthenameSaltyillegal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2019 13:54 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
One way to get around that issue is to go in fullscreen and back, which I do myself.
Still annoying but might cut some time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2019 14:18