Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cracking Sound Issue
Nazim13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2019 02:20 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
First of all this is my first generated topic . i love PD19 Video Quality even Audio Quality sarpassed others . I Have Windows 10 , Nothing extra Audio setup just my Simple sound bar connected with my TV , Mostly never got any problem with sound but recently i was playing some HDR remux contents and some Dolby Atmos , Sound got Cracking and weird , strangly some other player plays it fine i think they automatically convert or switch audio to my system compatibility , i am not audio consiouse just want simple standard audio , any help will be appriciated .
Note : Soundbar connected with optical cable & windows audio showing Samsung Nvidia HDMI audio selected and realtek audio & DFX thing is also there in playback device ( I dont know much about them either )
and i dont bother because other player plays it fine .

1- Samsung 8 Series UHD
2- Simple Soundbar
3- GTX 1050 TI
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
S/PDIF (Optical) audio output?
Un-tick the Dolby and DTS format of the S/PDIF audio output in the Windows audio settings > playback device.
After the configuration, launch powerdvd to check the playback.
Nazim13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote S/PDIF (Optical) audio output?
Un-tick the Dolby and DTS format of the S/PDIF audio output in the Windows audio settings > playback device.

Thanks for your reply , will check it later when reach home.
Nazim13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I could not find any of this s/pdif thing in my sound>playback device nor dts & dolby
my playback device showing ...Samsung Nvidia High Defination Audio & Speaker Realtek High defination Audio both are default device and communication device.
nothing in there properties as well.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Select the Realtek S/PDIF one > Properties > Supported format to set it up.

The above setting will only show when your playform is applying the S/PDIF Optical audio output on the motherboard.
Nazim13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Select the Realtek S/PDIF one > Properties > Supported format to set it up.

The above setting will only show when your playform is applying the S/PDIF Optical audio output on the motherboard.

Thanks for your reply . My Audio Setup is Optical cable from Smart TV to Soundbar & HDMI cable from GTX 1050 TI (PC) to Smart TV , so there is no question of S/PDIF for optical audio coming from motherboard . But My Intel PC has standard realtak and Nvidia Audio out put showing in play device and both of them doesnt have dolby + options . although my tv Audio output settings showing PCM and Dolby &+ is hide in it . Crackling sound are very annoying even i removed sound bar and play direct on tv using HDMI output from cyberlink settings same issue. This usually happened with untouched DTS X , Dolby Atmos but some of them work fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2019 09:02

QC2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Per my understanding, powerdvd does not support to decode DTS X or Dolby ATMOS format because Dolby didn't authorize the license, they will be played as DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD instead if your audio content has the backward compatibility.

Suggest you disable the TrueTheater audio enhancement (right click on the [Eye] icon at the playback control bar) on the TrueTheater panel, and then check the playback result.
Nazim13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Per my understanding, powerdvd does not support to decode DTS X or Dolby ATMOS format because Dolby didn't authorize the license, they will be played as DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD instead if your audio content has the backward compatibility.

Suggest you disable the TrueTheater audio enhancement (right click on the [Eye] icon at the playback control bar) on the TrueTheater panel, and then check the playback result.

Thanks its worked . True Theater enhancment OFF worked for cracking sound of certain formats.
gil-adv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2016 17:32 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote S/PDIF (Optical) audio output?

thanks a lot
you solved my problem

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2020 09:07