Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade to white - A follow-up post to an earlier one, having an issue
[Post New]
A while ago I asked if there was a way to use the Fade transition to fade to and from white rather than black, and that I needed it for some videos. I was told that no such transition exists. Since changing 00000000 to FFFFFFFF is seemingly too hard for PowerDirector's developers, someone did provide a workaround.

Their workaround was to create an all-white clip, either an image or a video, then use two Crossfade transitions to transition to and from the white clip, giving the same effect.

I tried this and ran into an issue. As you can see from this example clip, the Crossfade transition has a "zooming" effect that will ruin the videos I'm adding a white fade to. I don't see an option to get rid of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YalEjbpDacc

Is there any way to make Crossfade transitions WITHOUT that zooming in and out effect? Just like the bitrate limit, this zooming effect was unnecessarily added and should be optional, not forced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2019 04:39

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Several ways to achieve without the zoom. Just use a fade at the end of one clip and then the beginning of the next clip. One can also use the PIP fade option with fade in and fade out or grab the green opacity line at the top of the clip in the time line, add a keyframe and reduce opacity to 0 or your liking and adjust duration with the keyframe.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_fadewhite.png]
 Filename
PD17_fadewhite.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
408 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
[Post New]
A fade at the end and the beginning? I tried that but Fade just fades to and from black, not white like I need, so the Fade transition isn't useful in this case.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You simply need a white colorboard as in track 1 in the pic, then it will fade to white, or for that matter, any color of colorboard that you use, default is a black screen.

Jeff