Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 18 has arrived!!!!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 18 was released today. This interview with David Morgan of CyberLink will give you insight into some of the new features.
Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDirector 18 was released today. This interview with David Morgan of CyberLink will give you insight into some of the new features.

Nice. cool
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Maliek!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Goldkey123456789 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2014 14:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Maliek
I really enjoy your videos. Thanks for everything you do. I think the new update is great. The first thing I noticed was how quickly power director loaded. Almost instant. Cyberlink must have cleaned up some conflicts. Really like the new options for cameras. However, would love to have seen the Insta360 one x camera added so that we could edit footage without having to stitch. You can do this with Premiere Pro. Which leads me to a question. Does Cyberlink have plans to .insv files to Power Director?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Laurie
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
One feature I was hoping for, that I don't see mentioned in the features list, is the ability to rotate a video by a point OTHER than the center, like the corner or even a point outside the bounds of the video. (If there's a way to do this that I'm not aware of, please let me know!)

I like the that audio scrubbing is finally here. Yay! Hmm... not sure if there are enough features added - that I personally would make use of - for me to upgrade. If they add the rotate thing (which I would think would be SUPER simple to add) I might go for it.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for new features added to the 365 option and might do that.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote One feature I was hoping for, that I don't see mentioned in the features list, is the ability to rotate a video by a point OTHER than the center, like the corner or even a point outside the bounds of the video. (If there's a way to do this that I'm not aware of, please let me know!)

I'm having touble understanding the utility of this. Do you have a sample clip to give me a better idea of what you're looking to do?

You can easily do an off-axis rotation in two steps now.

In the Pip Designer, use keyframes to rotate the clip and then drag the desired location to the center (or the center to the desired location). which would give the effect of rotating the video around any off-center point in your finished vid. If you have an example, I might be able to come up with a different approach.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]

I'm having touble understanding the utility of this. Do you have a sample clip to give me a better idea of what you're looking to do?

You can easily do an off-axis rotation in two steps now.

In the Pip Designer, use keyframes to rotate the clip and then drag the desired location to the center (or the center to the desired location). which would give the effect of rotating the video around any off-center point in your finished vid. If you have an example, I might be able to come up with a different approach.

This is how I do it currently, as the workaround you suggest, but it is more involved than you make it sound except for simple movements (due to the "shortest distance" logic that keyframing often uses, giving some very odd and unnatural 'tweening'). It seems like such a simple thing that should have been added ages ago (like audio scrubbing and the ability to choose top-down or bottom-up track priority, which are just now making their way into the program).

PowerDirector 365 is improved throughout the year, so if they add the arbitrary rotation feature at some point in the near future I will probably get it. In the meantime I'm fine with version 15.

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Nice. cool

Thanks. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks, Maliek!

Youre welcome my friend. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.