Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
newbie dilema
[Post New]
sorry if its wrong room - - but - -
i currently connect camcorder to PC with USB cable and it downloads all to Panasonic HC writer LE 3.0

Question 1. how do i download to power director 16 instead as camcorder options for download always go to that ( LE3.0 )

Question 2.
how do i simply transfer it all from LE3.0 to power director 16 as import does not give the option

Question 3.
should i simply put SD card into a card reader - but what then ??
i am simply unsure and want/need guidance before possibly losing my valued video

HOPING FOR SOME RELIEF FROM SOME KIND SOUL frown
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Question 1. There is no Capture option from PD16 for camcorder avchd or mp4 videos. You have to either copy the contents of the SD card to your pc hard drive manually with a card reader or use the Panasonic HD Writer LE3.0 to do the job automatically(preferred).

Question 2. There is no such options. That was answered above.

Question 3. Yes, you can. Copy the video files to your hard drive. They could be either the mp4 or the mts extension.

After you put the video files say in a folder on your hard drive then you can import individual video files or the whole folder as an option. For simple needs it doesn’t matter how you put the video on your hard drive. If you record on different SD cards at different times and/or on different cameras with different SD cards say for music performances, then it is to your advantage to use the Panasonic software. The videos will have the start date and time stamp in the title of each individual video. It is easy to sort in PD16.

For the same scenario above if you use a card reader to do it manually then each video starts with 00000.mts, 00001.mts, and so on from each and every SD card used. The same modified date is used on all the different videos on the hard drive. You have to pay attention to which camera had which SD card at what time. Don’t get them mixed up as each SD card have the same file names and each set will have the same modified dates. PD16 can’t sort them for you. You have to know.

Hope this answers a few question about importing camera videos with PD16.
[Post New]
Quote Question 1. There is no Capture option from PD16 for camcorder avchd or mp4 videos. You have to either copy the contents of the SD card to your pc hard drive manually with a card reader or use the Panasonic HD Writer LE3.0 to do the job automatically(preferred).

Question 2. There is no such options. That was answered above.

Question 3. Yes, you can. Copy the video files to your hard drive. They could be either the mp4 or the mts extension.

After you put the video files say in a folder on your hard drive then you can import individual video files or the whole folder as an option. For simple needs it doesn’t matter how you put the video on your hard drive. If you record on different SD cards at different times and/or on different cameras with different SD cards say for music performances, then it is to your advantage to use the Panasonic software. The videos will have the start date and time stamp in the title of each individual video. It is easy to sort in PD16.

For the same scenario above if you use a card reader to do it manually then each video starts with 00000.mts, 00001.mts, and so on from each and every SD card used. The same modified date is used on all the different videos on the hard drive. You have to pay attention to which camera had which SD card at what time. Don’t get them mixed up as each SD card have the same file names and each set will have the same modified dates. PD16 can’t sort them for you. You have to know.

Hope this answers a few question about importing camera videos with PD16.

Such great help Tomasc - Yes you helped me Thank you